The benefits of wellness practices in the workplace are enormous for both the employee and employer.
Yoga, meditation and mindfulness have been well documented for their ability to reduce stress and improve health. In the workplace, reduced stress and improved health can equate to better productivity and creativity and reduced absenteeism.
There are many benefits of running yoga and mindfulness sessions in the workplace for both the employer and employees:
Benefits to employees:
Some of the numerous physical and mental benefits of yoga in the work place include:
– General wellbeing– Yoga encourages a healthy mind and body and many people find that by practising yoga regularly they develop a healthier lifestyle in general.
– Posture– Sitting at a desk all day encourages unhelpful movement patterns such as tight hips, a hunched posture and tension headaches. The physical postures of yoga (asanas) encourage us to break with unhealthy movement patterns and so help alleviate pain and tension caused by bad posture.
– Improved concentration– yoga is all about being in the present and so techniques used in the class encourage a clear and focused mind
– Lowers stress and anxiety levels– Stress-related illness continues to be one of the main reasons for employee absence. There were 15.2 million days lost in 2013 due to stress, depression and anxiety (according to the Office for National Statistics 2014 report on Sickness Absence in the Labour Market).
Yoga helps to reduce stress through relaxation techniques such as body scanning exercises, breathing exercises, and restorative postures designed to reduce tension.
Benefits for the employer:
- Reduction in sick days
- Improved employee satisfaction
- Cost-benefit of improved wellness (it is estimated that stress-related absence costs the UK economy £4 billion*)
- Team building
- Improvement in the working atmosphere
- Improvement in posture (The HSE estimates that almost 10 million lost working days per annum are due to musculoskeletal problems**)
Meeting the needs of your unique workplace
My classes will leave your employees feeling relaxed, energised and rejuvenated giving them a fresh perspective for the rest of the day, improving team spirit and bringing A lighter atmosphere to the workplace
Classes can be undertaken in any suitable space at your workplace such as meeting rooms, and canteens. My classes are suitable for beginners and no prior knowledge of yoga is required.
Try Yoga as a teambuilding exercise
Staff team building days are an excellent way to make your employees more productive. It can also make them more able to work together. What better way to bond than over a yoga session? Hatha Yoga is an excellent way to calm and relax the body, relieving stress. It also has many proven health benefits.
You don’t have to be ‘super bendy’, classes can be tailored for all abilities and levels of fitness.
BOOKING A CLASS
The classes can be booked on a weekly, monthly or in blocks of 4, 6 or 8 weeks. I will work to your requirements. The yoga class can be booked for 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
I also provide wellness and deep relaxation workshops
For more information, please contact me at email@example.com phone 01722658066 or fill in the form below with any questions and I will get back to you ASAP. I look forward to hearing from you.